Looking to go further with your ride? Our pedal-assist technology kicks in automatically once you start pedaling, so you can explore the city without breaking a sweat.
These ebikes feature a motor on the rear of your bike, brakes on the front along with bells on each handlebar, and a consistent, single speed so there's no need to adjust the gearing.
Just look for the ⚡️symbol in your app to indicate an ebike is available at a station near you. You'll also be able to see the battery level of ebikes in the app so you can best plan your ride. When you’re finished, you can return your ebike to any open dock.
Ebikes will be priced the same as classic pedal bikes across 68 percent of the Divvy service area (noted as Zone 2 in new Divvy service area maps), where there is greater distance between stations and riders will more often need to choose an ebike for their trip. In Zone 1, where the Divvy station network is already robust, ebike fees will have a per minute fee associated with usage. The cost of the annual memberships, including the Divvy for Everyone equity program, remain the same.
Ebike Pricing for Zone 1 (in yellow on map):
- Annual Membership: $99 per year for unlimited, 45-minute rides on classic bikes. Members who choose to upgrade to an ebike will pay $.15 per minute.
- Divvy for Everyone: Chicagoans who qualify financially can enroll for $5 for the first year of unlimited, 45-minute rides on classic bikes. Members who choose to upgrade to an ebike will pay $.05 per minute.
- Casual Passes: $3 per ride for any single 30-minute trip on a classic bike or $15 for a Day Pass inclusive of unlimited 3-hour trips on a classic bike. If these riders choose to upgrade to an ebike, they will pay an additional $.20 per minute.
- Parking: There is no parking fee for ebikes locked and parked at Divvy docking stations or new e-stations. However, if an ebike is parked at a public bike rack, $2 will be charged for annual members and casual pass riders, and $1 for Divvy for Everyone members. Bikes should only be parked at Divvy docking stations, new e-stations, or public bike racks. Fees may be assessed for improper parking (such as locking to trees or blocking accessibility ramps).
Ebike Pricing for Zone 2 (in blue on map):
- Ebikes priced the same as classic bikes; casual riders will be charged $3 to unlock
- No ebike usage fees or out-of-station parking fees
- Overage fees are assessed for rides that exceed the included minutes