When you properly dock a bike, you'll see a green light on the dock. If you did not see a green light, or if you see a yellow or red light, then that means your trip may still be open and we will continue to charge you for your journey.
If you’re having trouble docking a bike, try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Push the bike into the dock and hold firmly in place for at least 5 seconds
- Reposition the triangle so that it is perpendicular to the station, and hold in place to guide it into the dock
- Lift the bike from the seat while pushing/pulling the bike
- If the triangle on the bike is loose, put one hand on the triangle and one on the bike, then guide it into the dock
- Check inside the dock to see if an object is jammed inside that would prevent the triangle from going in
- Also check to see if there are objects surrounding the dock that may block the front wheel of the tire
If you’re still having trouble docking your bike after using the above steps, try a different dock at that same station. It may also be beneficial to try a different station altogether in case the station is offline.