The Chicago Department of Transportation (CDOT) aims to offer all Chicagoans an affordable, accessible and fun transportation option. Divvy For Everyone (D4E) provides a one-time $5 Annual Membership to qualifying residents. The program also incorporates a cash payment system for those Chicagoans who do not have debit or credit card, required for a standard Divvy membership.
D4E Program Features
- One-time $5 Annual Membership
- In-person enrollment at LISC Financial Opportunity Centers (locations below)
- No credit card required
- Cash payment option for any usage fees incurred at participating 7-Eleven, Family Dollar stores, and CVS.
- Discount in second year to support transition into full-price membership in third year
- Option to keep membership through a LISC-supported credit-building program
- Trips up to 45 minutes, the same as a standard Annual Membership.
As of July 9th, 2018, new changes will increase eligibility for the program, expanding to also include recipients of SNAP, WIC, LIHEAP, and Public Housing.
D4E is available to Chicago residents aged 16 and older with an annual household income at or below 300% of the Federal Poverty Level. Use the chart below to determine if you qualify for a one-time D4E $5 membership.
Minors who apply will have their eligibility determined based on their parent or guardian’s income, and their parent or guardian must sign the Divvy user agreement on their behalf. Learn more at the Divvy For Everyone Page.